BACKGROUND AND INTRODUCTION
The EurOMA Journal Publishing Workshop aims to help researchers to transform their submitted papers into journal-level submissions. We welcome researchers in the field of Operations Management (OM), who wish to increase the quality of their publications in recognised international academic journals.
Academics are judged on their ability to produce research papers appearing in good quality international journals which are also the basis of Business School and University prestige and success.
Papers brought to the workshop are typically targeted, but not exclusively, at the following journal:
- International Journal of Operations and Production Management (IJOPM)
- Journal of Operations Management (JOM)
- Decision Sciences Journal (DSJ)
- Journal of Product Innovation Management (JPIM)
- Production Planning and Control (PPC)
- Journal of Service Research (JSR)
- Supply Chain Management an International Journal (SCM)
The team acting as tutors and discussants for the papers submitted to the Workshop will be:
- Cipriano Forza, Università di Padova, Associate Editor of JOM and DSJ
- Cristina Gimenez, ESADE Business School, Co-Editor IJOPM
- Juliana Hsuan, Copenhagen Business School
- Mark Pagell, University College Dublin, Co-Editor JSCM
- Chris Voss, London Business School and Warwick Business School, Editorial Board member of JPIM, IJOPM and JSR. Associate Editor Journal of Service Research.
The Publishing Workshop has two specific objectives:
- Publishing process. Through plenary sessions with members of the editorial board of OM journals, the participants will be briefed on the editorial policy, publication process, strategies for submission, writing and responding to reviews, resubmission process, etc.
- Co-creation to improve the paper. Each paper will be allocated to a journal editorial board member as discussant, who will comment on the content and clarity of presentation of the ideas. The discussions will take place in small group sessions, during which other workshop participants in addition to the discussant will critique the papers and provide suggestions for further development to bring the paper up to publication standards. The process of critiquing other papers will be an important part of the learning process.
APPLICATION, SUBMISSION AND REVIEW
Applications are welcome from researchers in all research areas of Operations Management. Workshop applicants are required to submit an extended abstract, and prior to participation, a full paper. The abstract should follow the guidelines of the EurOMA conference:
- Abstracts are limited to 1000 words (including title, keywords, topic(s), word count, main subject text, tables, figures and references). An abstract exceeding the specified limit may not be included in the review process. Please specify the word count on the abstract.
- The abstract main text should have the following structure:
1. Purpose: Theoretical background, managerial problem and research questions, objectives and/or hypotheses.
2.Design/methodology/approach: How are the objectives achieved? Describe the main data and data sources as well as methods of data collection, analysis and validation.
3.Findings: Presentation and discussion of achieved or expected results.
4.Relevance/contribution: Highlight achieved or expected contribution to the theory, practice, methodology or teaching of OM.
Submission of abstract: Before October 1st, 2017 (*)
Confirmation of participation: Before October 15th, 2017
Registration: Before November 1st, 2017
Full paper submission: Before November 1st, 2017 (*)
(*) NOTE: Participants of Module I are exempt of submitting the abstract. They only have to send an e-mail to the workshop organizers to communicate their interest in participating in the workshop.
Monday November 27th, 2017
Tuesday November 28th, 2017
The Workshop will take place at:
ESADE Business School - Universitat Ramon Llull
Campus Barcelona - Sant Cugat
Avda. Torre Blanca, 59
08172 Sant Cugat del Vallès
The Publishing Workshop will begin on Day 1 at 12.00 with registration and lunch.
The workshop dinner shall be offered that evening.
The workshop will end on Day 2 after lunch.
We request that each participant stays for the full duration of the workshop.
1. University Residence (on campus)
R.U Roberto de Nobili
C/ Llaceres, 29
E-08173 Sant Cugat del Vallés
tel + 34 93 554 30 15
fax + 34 93 554 30 16
2. Hotel HR Sant Cugat at 400 m walk from ESADE campus
Sant Cugat H&R
Address: Cèsar Martinell, 2, 08190 Sant Cugat del Vallès
Any hotel in Barcelona close to a Ferrocarils de la Generalitat de Catalunya (FGC)(lines S1, S2, S5, S55) station. Every 6 minuts there is a train going to Sant Cugat (from the main station Barcelona Plaça Catalunya it takes 25 minutes to get to Sant Cugat station).
FEES AND REGISTRATION
The fees include participation to the workshop, documents, lunches, workshop dinner, morning and afternoon refreshments.
300 € for non-EurOMA members; 200 € for EurOMA members; 20% discount for PhD candidates
Payments should be made by: credit card.
For any enquiry and/or to register please contact:
email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org