The following are the most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) we receive from prospective students interested in the ESADE MBA Programme. But please contact us if you need further information: email@example.com
Academic and professional profile
1. How long does the ESADE Full-time MBA take and how is it structured?
The ESADE Full-time MBA accepts one intake per year and classes start in September. The programme is flexible, which means that students can decide to complete the MBA in 12, 15, or 18 months. Classes are conducted from Monday through Friday. The first seven months of the programme consist of obligatory core courses followed by the electives phase.
ESADE has bilateral agreements with universities around the world and approximately 35 percent of MBA students participate in an exchange programme. If demand is high for limited places at a particular university, you will be evaluated on the basis of your academic record and a personal interview. However, exchange programme participants don’t have to take an exam or complete an application form.
2. How big is ESADE’s Full-time MBA class?
Each intake includes a maximum of 190 students divided into three sections.
3. What are the requirements for admission to the ESADE MBA programme?
- You must hold a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent).
- You must have at least two years of full-time work experience at the beginning of the programme.
- You must take the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE). The average GMAT score of admitted candidates is 660 and the GRE average is 160/162. These results are not considered on their own; they become part of your application and are evaluated alongside other elements. ESADE only accepts official GMAT and GRE scores. Make sure to give ESADE’s institution code (GMAT: 93M-3K-60 / GRE 5761) when taking the test. Note: GMAT/GRE scores are valid for five years.
- You must have a good knowledge of English. This can be certified by providing one of the following:
TOEFL (IBT 100). ESADE only accepts official TOEFL scores sent directly to the school by ETS.
Our institution code is 0884 and the school name is ‘Escuela MBA Programs‘.
IELTS (7+, Academic test)
Certificate in Advanced English: B+
Certificate of Proficiency in English: C+
Academic Pearson (68)
Note: Language test scores are only valid for two years.
Native English speakers and candidates who have completed their bachelor's degree entirely in English are exempt from this requirement. If your degree was taught in English (at least 120 ECTS), please send us a Diploma Supplement or a certificate from your university stating language of instruction.
4. What is the profile of the students participating in the programme?
Take a look at the student profile for the ESADE Full-time MBA by clicking here.
5. How does the admissions application process work?
You need to complete your online application form and submit the required documentation. Please notice that you can apply before having taken the GMAT/GRE/English test, just indicating the date when you are going to sit the test.
After submitting all your documents, you may be shortlisted for an interview, which is a requirement for admissions. Interviews may be via Skype, in person at our campus, or during one of the admissions director’s visits to your area.
The sooner you apply, the better.
6. Which additional documents must be submitted together with the online application?
Documents included in the online application:
- A passport-size photograph with a white background in .jpg format.
- A scan of your identity card (Spanish citizens) or passport (EU and non-EU nationals).
- Essays and updated CV.
Documents you must send once you submit the online application:
- Official university transcripts and diploma (if the degree granted is not shown on your transcripts). These certificates must be issued in the original language. Any documents that are not in Catalan, Spanish or English must be submitted with an official translation into one of these languages. Scanned copies can be accepted during the admission process. Upon admittance, you will be required to send originals or certified copies if you studied in an EU country. Documents for degrees awarded outside the EU must be legalised. See here for more information.
- Two recommendation letters, at least one professional.
- English test official score report (please provide ESADE's institution code 0884 when taking the TOEFL
or provide us with the Test Report Form -TRF- for the IELTS).
- GMAT or GRE official score report (please provide ESADE’s institution code – 93M-3K-60 for GMAT
and 5761 for GRE – when taking the test).
7. What factors does the admissions committee take into account when making a decision?
All aspects mentioned in the application are taken into consideration. The admissions committee looks at your academic performance, professional experience, test scores, international experience, essays and recommendations. The interview is also a key aspect in the final decision the committee makes.
Financing and Grants
8. How much does ESADE's Full-time MBA programme cost?
Fees are paid in four instalments. Find all the necessary information here.
9. Does ESADE offer scholarships?
ESADE has a scholarship system that covers an average of 25 percent of tuition fees.
Nevertheless, most students finance their studies with a bank loan or private funds.
While some scholarships require an application, others are awarded directly by the admissions committee.
You can find more information in the Scholarships section.
10. What is the cost of living in Barcelona and how can I find accommodation?
The cost of living in Barcelona is not as high as in some other major cities. It varies depending on your housing choices, lifestyle and financial situation. The typical cost for accommodation (in a shared apartment) with food and transport for a month is approximately €1,200.
ESADE has exclusive agreements with accommodation agencies that coordinate searches on behalf of MBA students. They can provide apartments for single use or match students with others wanting to share accommodation. Admitted students who have paid their deposit will also have access to the ESADE Facebook page where they can contact other students in the same intake to share accommodation information.
Any other question
ESADE Business School
Campus Barcelona – SantCugat
Av. Torre Blanca, 59
08172 SantCugat del Vallès
T. +34 934 952 088 / +34 935 546 513 firstname.lastname@example.org