An academic structure to help you reach your objectives
In the first 3 phases that make up the core section, you will learn and establish both the basic concepts and strategic foundations necessary to develop your leadership and management capabilities.
Specialisation or exchange
In the 4th phase, the programme adapts to you, helping you to consolidate your career progression and put your knowledge into practice, with added international experience.
ESADE’s Executive MBA is a complete Management Development programme, consisting of 4 phases
Phase 1: Company, setting & function
In the first phase, you will achieve a more current and advanced vision of management, incorporating the most innovative aspects of business. This phase is made up of two blocks:
• Essential knowledge for management, organisation and resources.
• Aspects that most influence managerial decision-making processes.
Phase 1 includes the Experiential Learning Programme (ELP)
Phase 1 Subjects:
• General Management
• Marketing Management
• Operational Competition
• Financial Analysis & Planning
• Economy & Geopolitics
• Personal and Organisational Development (ELP: off-campus)
Phase 2: Strategy, value & business
Aimed at strengthening your strategic thinking capabilities and provide added value. The content of this phase is centred around developing management capabilities to be better placed to face change: how to capture and adapt value, how to establish competitive advantages, and focus on what reflection processes, exercises and analysis are necessary.
Includes the 1st international experience.
Phase 2 Subjects:
• Business & International Strategy
• Advanced Marketing Management
• Supply Chain Management
• Corporate Finance
• Business Information Systems
• Personal Development (LEAD I)
Phase 3: Development in the face of complexity
Once these educational aspects have been fully internalised, the third phase places the focus on managing change, and the relevance that global perspective has for current managers, understanding the impact international settings have on business.
You will develop an in-depth knowledge of topics such as globalization, emerging markets and disruptive business models, adopting an active role in analysing and applying this knowledge to strengthen your leadership capabilities, competitiveness and sustainability.
Includes the 2nd international experience and the Boston e-Lab Study Tour.
Phase 3 subjects:
• Strategy Implementation: Indicator maps
• Corporate Responsibility
• Tax & Law
• Financial Markets
• Organisational Behaviour & Leadership
Phase 4: Specialisation & personalisation
This phase includes two blocks: one core, hands-on block, common to all participants, and one personalised section, split into a choice of two different learning experiences.
This section is made up of three core subjects to consolidate your move into corporate management:
• Final Business Project
• Managerial Skills (LEAD II)
• Strategic Management Simulation
Includes the 3rd international experience.
At this point of the programme, participants can choose between:
1) A choice of elective subjects for the specialisation phase. Choose those that best fit your profile and interests.These are carried out either at ESADE or abroad:
• Entrepreneurship & Innovation
• Leadership & Organisation
• Digital Business
• Planning & Strategy
2) Participate in a 3-month international exchange with one of ESADE’s numerous partner schools